Monday, January 30, 2006


Joe - In this City Tonight

1. Tales Of Endurance (Parts 4,5 & 6) - Supergrass
2. Summer Song - Elk City
3. Friend Of Mine - The National
4. Up My Sleeve - Palaxy Tracks
5. Abel - The National
6. Love's Lost Guarantee - Rogue Wave
7. Off The Record - My Morning Jacket
8. Loud Cloud Crowd - Stephen Malkmus
9. Wrecking Force - Voxtrot
10. Exodus Damage - John Vanderslice
11. Attraction - Nine Black Alps
12. El Captain - Idlewild
13. Soul Meets Body - Death Cab for Cutie
14. Lit Up - The National
15. I Wanna Know Girls - Portastatic
16. Different - New London Fire
17. Alsation - White Rose Movement
18. Hours Seemed Like Days - Statistics
19. Mr. November - The National

4 comments:

Jazz said...

Dear Jack,

Great opener, way to set shit up - I never really checked Supergrass out before but will now (I may start checking you out too). Wow, four National tracks! Since I bought the album already, but have nothing to show for it, will you burn me a copy? Also kudos for the Death Cab and Vanderslice tracks - you can't argue with perfectly crafted pop! Ever! 'Summer Song': Classic Jack Kodiak all the way - love it!!!! 'Up my Sleeve', 'Wrecking Force' and 'Different' feel like high school to me which I fucking love - did we go to school together?

'I'm not afraid to die a little'

Dr.D

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys.

The Supergrass song is off their new album which is a kind of departure from their normal sound. That track is so great because, to me it's like a soundtrack to a film. It changes so much yet still retains it's intial identity. Listening to it I get film like visuals popping into my head, and when a song does this for me, especially when it does it through music rather than lyrics, I know it is truly great.

The Morning Jacket song is my favorite off the album, the same with the Rogue Wave track.

Keep listening to the National tracks, they will set you free.

Anonymous said...

I like the songs a lot. They make me feel like I am in a movie and I am flying around saving peoples lives.

Jazz said...

Well if the above comment was from Mike I actually like it - sounds sweet and sincere, plus I often have the same daydream.